Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Drumming


Drumming
 I have been learning to get better at my drumming when things are hard.
 I am proud of my drumming  because it is my favourite thing to do it gets me moving and grooving.
 Something that challenges me at drumming is when I get a new tricky sheet I have to practice and practice to get it right because Practice makes perfect. The learning muscle I am growing is my perseverance muscle.


Drumming is my most favourite thing to do. On a Tuesday I go to Taradale to have my lesson and my teachers name is Cameron Budge. I have learnt to hold the drum sticks in the right place - when I first started he put marks on the sticks so I knew where to put my hands.

I am learning a new piece at the moment and the beat was created by the popular singer Michael Jackson.

The hardest part is at the beginning when I have to drum with the drum sticks on the floor tom and snare at the same time.

I can tell you what a floor tom is, it is a drum that stands on 3 legs and the top is a clear skin.  This is what a floor tom looks like:   
The snare is smaller and shorter than the Floor Tom 
This is what a snare looks like:

     It takes me 5 or 6 times at home practising to get the music sheet right and when I get it right I can get a new piece of music to practice. I hope to one day play in a rock band.  






No comments:

Post a Comment